Author: Greeny
•Sunday, August 08, 2010
Sunday is my dedicated rest day... something I have to do by force because I am prone to getting overexcited and trying flog the daylights out of my body!

Only problem with rest days is that I tend to sleep in and it leaves me feeling lethargic for the rest of the day. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yesterday was W2D1 of the C25K rerun.  Felt it went generally pretty well.  It did take me a bit to get properly warmed up despite doing drills before I started but it felt good and I was left with an awesome endorphin rush afterwards... bouncing around, listening to music on my iPod Shuffle. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also went and attacked Ekka with KW.  We spent quite a few hours wandering around looking at various odds and ends, getting our respective fills.  I have decided that I would like a baby goat. Image and video hosting by TinyPic They bounce around, meeeehhhhhhh, clip clop their hooves, eat clothing and do cute things like sleep in the hay bucket.  I would be particularly happy if said goat grew up with a personality like one that we saw.  He or she was very intrigued by our presence and then proceeded to use their front hooves to climb up the fence and look into stall next door!  In some of our explorations we found a little calf that was only a few hours old. Image and video hosting by TinyPic For something so young it was very big and boney!!! 

There was some fun to be had playing games although, I don't remember the attendants being quite so harassing!  There seemed to be a general lack of variety too...  but we came away with a plethora of stuffed toys despite our poor performances!  I think a niece and nephew of mine will be getting lucky soon! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Finished off at the show bag pavilion.  We opted to go there last so we wouldn't have to carry anything around and fortunately, we both knew what we wanted because literally minutes after we walked in it was like the population of Brisbane descended on the Ekka and we spent the entire time from show bags to exit forcing our way through a mass of moving bodies!  Note to self:  Never set out for Ekka in the afternoon!

I came home exhausted and was in bed Image and video hosting by TinyPic by 8pm after a few mini naps.  Image and video hosting by TinyPic I am spared the flu this time!!

Tomorrow I've got a busy day planned.  W2D2 in the morning, the meeting with my boss, meeting with the tax accountant, maybe a catch up with KD and then boxing Image and video hosting by TinyPic with RB.  Not sure if I will do the kickboxing session afterwards.  Might give it a few more fortnights before I try to add that in seeing my arms went into crazy swelling mode after my last intense four day marathon!
|
This entry was posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 12:52:00 PM GMT+10 , Nessa said...

I'm finding myself having to make myself rest as well due to over-excitement. My original plan was to do all my fitness stuff M-F, rest Saturday and Sunday. I ended up doing an 8-miler on my bike today (Saturday) instead of resting. But I'm excited about my over-excitement because it's such a shift in how I've spent the last few years of my life. (Avoiding all things where I needed to exert myself, physically.)

Glad you were spared the flu!!!!

 
On Monday, August 9, 2010 at 9:52:00 AM GMT+10 , Anonymous said...

Glad to see you happy and on the right track
and rest and being kind to your body is good too.

Anonymous J x