Author: Greeny
•Friday, August 06, 2010
Tonight was my first Friday night boxing Image and video hosting by TinyPic session.  It was great cause I have a mate, RB, who comes with me and we are both learning but are just that little mischievous! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Friday night is more about learning technique rather than physical intensity and I have to say it was a fantastic help.  I came away feeling like I'd learned a whole lot and actually improved!   Might have to see if I can hoon it over on the weeks I am at work.

Funny how I thought my sparring was all very random and lacking in much good technique... but now as I am trying to adjust to boxing, I am seeing very definite karate techniques in what I do.  Which is good for two reasons. Firstly, all those years of did actually translate into something and secondly, I can actually recognise when I am trying to pull a karate move. 

Broke out my wraps for the first time tonight too and kinda felt just a little bit less newbie-ish that way. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Go back on Monday night.  Always feel just so good after boxing!

What else have I been up to? 

Been at work this week and it has been quite stressful and busy.  But on the days between PT, I have put my new Gel shoes to use and restarted C25K using the new running Image and video hosting by TinyPic technique. Tomorrow I will be up to W2D1.  Hoping that when I get to the end, running will be a lot easier this time.  My aim is to run a 5k race at the end before working up to 10k and then hopefully, do another 10k race without ending in hours of vomiting Image and video hosting by TinyPic and diarrhoea!

Tomorrow I am braving the Ekka with N!  I will probably end up with tonsillitis again or some other feral disease Image and video hosting by TinyPic but I am oddly excited.  I haven't been in quite a few years and I do enjoy the atmosphere and colour and baby animals etc.  Should be a really good day!  Can't wait!!!

Next week I am officially telling my boss that I will be returning to full time study next year!  So very excited!  Sent off a query to Bond Uni today to see if I would be consider if I applied through Alternative Entry.  Even if not, will still through my hat in the ring... can't hurt.  In the meantime, purchase some GAMSAT prep and get studying ahead of uni next year.  Want to be on top of that element before I need to get focused to smash up my first year of midwifery.  Yep! This girl has got a plan and feeling fantastic! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyway, think I am up for an early night Image and video hosting by TinyPic tonight! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
|
This entry was posted on Friday, August 06, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 11:46:00 PM GMT+10 , Nessa said...

Wow! Kickboxing sounds fantastic. You're making me want to try my hand at it in the future. A friend here has taken kickboxing before and loved it. She wants to sign up again when we both get down in weight a bit and wants me to do it with her, so now I'm thinking I just might do that.

I'm excited for your new plan and I'm so happy you are feeling good!!!