Author: Greeny
•Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I've had a very productive day today!  Went and got a new pair of running shoes and allowed myself to feel privileged at being chatted up by the young guy who was serving me.  Now have a good pair of shoes which shall hopefully not give me shin pain.  No idea what I got but they are ASICS and I don't remember if they were trainer approved! LOL!

Also went and bought some new workout clothes as well as underwear for work and working out.  Finished off with a last minute grocery shop so that I am sorted for lunch foods at work.

Today I am terrrrrrribly sore.  Had a killer session yesterday morning and then ladies kickboxing in the afternoon. 

So... I've received a bit of feedback from family and friends alike that I should aim a little higher with my career choice. I've spent quite a bit of time thinking and researching this proposal.  I have subsequently altered my plan of attack.   Version two will be that at the end of this year I put in an application through QTAC for Bond Med, ACU Midwif, SBIT Anaes. and QUT Med Sci.    (I can hear RJ shrieking at me already about UQ being the only place in the universe to study med).   I will obtain a GAMSAT prep course (the choices....) and complete GAMSAT next year and then reapply at the end of next year for only med based courses.

Bond uni does not run from GAMSAT and has FEE-HELP places.  They do an interview and prefer a GPA of >5.5 on the most recent course of study.  My GPA is 5.375 thanks to my stodgy efforts in early uni.  I figure that I can throw my hat in the ring and see what happens. 

After that, Midwifery is ideal because it is a low demand course locally which will allow me to making a killing on the GPA scale.  Worst comes to worst, I qualify as a midwife and that is totally sweet with me - it was something that I thought was interesting after placement at Redcliffe while studying to be a paramedic.  So, after a year of that I reapply to everything offering medicine.  I figure that I am not going to be fussy. I just want to get in.  Obviously, UQ with all the reputational glory would be ideal but their entry is based solely on GAMSAT now.  Bond will take more interest in me with a good GPA and Griffith... well... who knows. 

The other preferences are there as a safety net along the way... for a whole lot of just in case.

Off to a boxing and kickboxing double tonight.  Should have some company with RB this time... be nice to have a familiar face amongst the crowd!
|
This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On Friday, July 30, 2010 at 11:30:00 AM GMT+10 , Anonymous said...

Way to go!...Now you are on the right track!

Thumbs up!

Anonymous J :) x x x