Author: Greeny
•Friday, April 02, 2010
It has been an absolutely epic week! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have been given another new partner at work and hopefully this one I'll get to keep. She's on a six week trial, after which time she can decide whether to stay or to go back on road.

I have also had my first sit down meeting with my new boss and that has literally turned my world upside down. I mean that in a positive way. Finally, I have an avenue through which I can get issues addressed! Someone is listening and I am getting answers! Yay! Between my new boss and partner, a whole bunch of doors have just opened up. Some I knew existed, others have almost appeared out of thin air! Could not be happier right now! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It has otherwise been a very busy week and I've literally found myself feeling like there hasn't been time to do anything short of eat, sleep, work and work out! Consequently, I also have a mega pile of emails to sift through cause barring the odd five minutes of Facebook mobile (the dodgiest application ever), there hasn't been much opportunity for leisure activities. Actually, there are a small pile of bills to pay too.
At this point can I also say Image and video hosting by TinyPic at medicare. Had a some routine bloods done through Sully & Nics which were covered by medicare or some such or rather but instead of medicare sending the reimbursement cheque back to the path doctor, they sent it to me to send to them with the forwarding address. Umm?? Does anyone else see the flaw here? Or is paying 50c postage my fee for this whole transactions??

Anyhow, been having some really great sessions with my PT. I've managed two (would have been three had I not been crook with gastro) run sessions as one on one. This has proven extremely valuable as we were able to break things down and work out why I have been having so much trouble with the basic drills. Aparently, my core is a little...uh... beginner. I'm not talking about abs. I am talking about deep core. How do I get as fit as I have previously without having core? No idea. But it does explain why I have had trouble with various things in the past.

So, I have been given very, very basic pilates and postural homework. So apart from my couple daily minutes of pelvic rotations and hip flexor leg raises, I am working hard to remember to present my chest and generally be upright. I've actually gotten into the habit a lot faster than I had thought that I would. Hopefully, won't be long until it is second nature.

It is actually interesting how just standing a little straighter impacts on confidence... Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My PT sessions have also been good. The other Thursday he started to get me into a more positive mindset with persistence. Not stopping...just powering forward and believing that I can complete the task that is given. He said that once I can do that, we'll start doing some weights. Weights are things that I understand so that was a damned good incentive to get my act together and for the most part I've tried to apply that to the group session as well. This last Thursday we went back to basics. How to do a squat and how to do a lunge. I've got a reasonable foundation so I apparently picked it up quickly. Having said that, I found myself feeling like a beginner all over again. So now I also have butt burning homework as well.

This guy is great value. That is an understatement. His understanding of biomechanics and ability to explain and apply in his PT work is the best I've come across. He'll explain a concept and if I don't get it, he'll keep trying until I do. There is no negativity. He doesn't give up. But yet, he can help me achieve success without having me lose confidence in either of us along the way. The concepts he explains are things I've heard before but they've never either been explained fully or properly.

I've only been able to do PT with him once each week around the group fitness commitments and I've worried that I wouldn't develop but I can see he's got it sorted. If I do the homework, he'll remodel me and get me to where I need to be. Solid gold.

My life has always had a way of working out. Image and video hosting by TinyPic There are so many people that I feel so greatly privileged to have met and have helped shape my existence. Call it fate or karma...who knows. But, once again I find myself amazed to be right here at this point in my life, with a person like him at my fingertips. I don't think the others were bad. They were a part of what has got me here now. However, I am happy with this place and this person right here.
|
This entry was posted on Friday, April 02, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On Sunday, April 4, 2010 at 12:42:00 PM GMT+10 , Anonymous said...

Thoroughly happy and satisfied with all i read and very happy for you.

Nothing is just blessing, accidental, or luck all is attracted from within

even though it often takes time -frequently a long time- and patience to manifest.

Well done! keep going the way you are until the next round/level.

Anonymous J x