Author: Greeny
•Sunday, October 26, 2008
Feeling a tad snowed under today.

So much to do in such a small amount of time:

  • Start with brand new student tomorrow
  • Need to hike up to my parents place to get my tax mail - goodness knows why it ended up there. Also need to pay that off...
  • Expecting to hear from the surveyor and be hit by another $400 bill to check our boundaries are in the correct place.
  • Settlement is in three weeks.
  • Need investigate pest control for this place and our new home. More $$$
  • Need to work out when we are moving and when we are cleaning.
  • Need to look at getting boxes and actually start packing and throwing the house out.
  • Have another dental appointment coming up. $300 for tooth repair.
  • Second dress fitting next week and still I haven't organised appropriate underwear to be measured with as advised.

Do I even mention the rest of the wedding stuff that I need to look at??

Also starting to wonder if we have what it takes to actually properly maintain a house for the long term. There is a certain degree of relaxation that comes with renting. Our own home is our responsibility along with all damages that occur.

Think I'll be a bit happier when we finally get all this out of the way.

Anyway, got stuck into lower body weights this morning. I cut short the abs and calf work in order that I'd have enough time to get the house cleaned for the land lady. (Kind of a tad scary watching them walk around everywhere including the garden shed, mentally comparing everything to the way it used to be...)

The session was great. Made some significant gains.

Dumbbell squats - Increase from 10 reps on 10 kg to full sets on 13.5kg.
Single arm snatch - Increase from 11.5kg to 13.5kg
Dumbbell lunges - Increase from 20 reps on 10kg to full sets on 11.5kg
Straight legged dead lifts - Increase 10 reps on 11.5kg to full sets on 16kg
Angled calf raises - Increase from 10kg to 13.5kg

The final exercise for obliques involved a great deal of shoulder involvement. Increased reps from 12 to 16 however, thinking I might alter the exercise for something more focused.

The greatest problem that I am having is that my grip is still weak. My arms are giving it up well before my legs tell me they've had enough. Not really sure how to conquer this other than to keep doing what I'm doing...


Food thoughts of the Day

At some point I agreed to the presence of Cadbury Old Jamaica Rum & Raisin in the household. Problem is that those family sized blocks (of which there are now almost two) are there every time I open the fridge and I cannot justify budgeting them into my calorie count for the day. So... I will have to learn the art of self restraint as previously applied to bread.

Today, I got into soy and bought myself a can of soy beans and some tofu in an effort to broaden my sources of protein and enjoy the benefits of a food which is known for being a complete protein. However, I suspect that the soy bean, unlike the chickpea, is not going to be terribly tasty. My last experience of tofu reminded me of swallowing jellyfish. This may be a decision that I regret but I shall see what I can do. At worst, I'll stick to my soy milk and leave it at that.

Also bought myself some quick oats today to make oatmeal! Uncle Toby's BranPlus has a kick ass amount of fibre in it but oats are also very good and I miss being able to have oatmeal. Will see what I can do tomorrow with my oatmeal and a bit of unprocessed bran for the sake of fibre. :-)
|
This entry was posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: