Author: Greeny
•Saturday, October 25, 2008
61.2kg this morning! Ding, ding, ding! I had a good feeling and it was right! My body has well and truly adapted to the new diet.

Unfortunately, had a not so good day. The course provided food which was a selection of sandwiches. Argh. I love bread. I love carbohydrate. I only had the equivalent of a 1.5 whole sandwiches but I have no idea about the damage. White bread, don't know what kind of meat was on or what type of cheese and spreads used. Probably didn't need to supplement w/ additional protein bars. (Yes I've become a tad paranoid about muscle loss). So my guts aren't feeling the happiest despite the watermelon and pineapple. Yummy! Still got dinner to go.. Ughh.

This will mean a few days of returning to normal digestive function and then a really average weigh in next week. But, I'll deal with that. Three weeks since my last stray so I can't be too upset with myself. Will try and do weights and cardio (probably increasing intervals rather than the usual intensity) tomorrow, fit an RPM class on Monday before work to break up the routine.

This morning went well in terms of my HIIT. Did my runs at 15km/hr but decided to alternate between 100:150 and 100:100. It worked really well and was pushing it right at the end of the 20 minutes. Having the heart rate monitor has been a useful tool. I know that if I'm feeling tight in the chest and getting short of breath my HR is sitting around 180bpm. I tend to cope quite well with anything below that although I am aware of the strain in the 170s. Now I've just got to work out what the next step is... ie. whether I increase the distant and do an alternation or put two segments of 100:100 between. Cross that bridge when I get there.

The course was pretty good. Did end up getting a bit boring towards the end but there was a lot which I did enjoy and found very educational. It is interesting to see the difference between male and female approach as well as the individual couples there. Managed to get a bit more out of my shell today. Last night had a serious attack of the introversion and basically said nothing. Today, found my voice and ended up being nominated spokesperson for the group. I tend to speak quite well and in an entertaining manner but it frightens the daylights out of me. You'd think after all those years teaching my sport and my work and debating from high school that I would be over it....

Anyway, off to trivia tonight to experience ultra fullness.

Hectic day ahead tomorrow preparing for a visitation by the land lady. It won't be the first time but we still need to make a good impression before departing.
|
This entry was posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: