Author: Greeny
•Thursday, October 23, 2008
I felt it was once again time to re-enter the blog realms and combine all my lives into one...

Today I have had the privilege of being awake. Night shift brought a rarity, unheard of in these times. We completed a grand total of two jobs and participated in approximately five hours of sleep time. Consequently, my day was functional rather than wasted.

I started the health insurance game, comparing prices and features, I went to the gym (only to be forgotten) and ran myself into a treadmill with some HIIT, cooked dinner, made lunch for tomorrow and finally, went to the dentist.

My first trip there occurred a few weeks ago upon developing a rather nasty gum infection around a wisdom tooth that has refused to full erupt. At some point I found myself agreeing to further investigation and hence, today's appointment. After somewhere between eight and ten years of choosing ignorance, my greatest fear was realised. Tooth decay. :-(

I now have my first filling. Technology has far improved. The process would have taken place over 20 minutes and didn't hurt one bet. Best of all, it is the colour of normal tooth enamel and is undetectable to the lay person. $158 dollars later... The problem is that I feel imperfect now. I can pretend it was never there cause I can't see it, but the texture on my tongue will remind me. It was my own fault. Yes, the gaps between my teeth are not really gaps at all and flossing is a problem however, the result is a direct consequence of my actions or perhaps inaction. I have no one to blame but myself.

So, in another month I will be back to spend another monumental amount getting another two of these things stuck in... They are only small, but it needs to be done. I see the dental hygiene person tomorrow who is going to blast the plaque away so I can actually floss.

Yes. It can happen to me. Man I am going to floss everyday now...
|
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: