Author: Greeny
•Monday, October 27, 2008
I'm not a fan of afternoon shifts. Apart from finding them the most tiring, I feel like I'm spending my morning waiting for work to happen. Admittedly, I can achieve a great deal more, especially the 1300 start but it does still seem as if I'm filling in time.

They are also less than ideal because when I do get home it is usually after 11pm and by that time all I want to do is go to bed. Consequently, it is not an ideal time to be packing lunches for the next nor trying to do any activity that is not immediately necessary.

Oh well...

I'm finding timing of food is also more difficult and particularly today. I have a new student who may not have been to the station before and will have had limited practise with checking out a vehicle. I feel it is probably necessary for me to be there as early as possible in order that I can be able to show them around the station, organise lockers etc and run them through requirements. I am hoping it will all go well.

This morning I woke up earlier than I had expected for a late night. I've noticed that the quality of my sleep has improved dramatically in the last week or so and seems to be another positive effect of my current diet plan. I'd been planning on doing an RPM class this morning however, I was awake earlier than expected, needed to eat and was feeling less than keen to venture out to the gym. I was also reluctant to murder my legs the day prior to a training when they were already quite sore from the previous day's session. So, after much debate, I stayed home and did 40 minutes of a lower intensity interval training.

My most comfortable jogging pace is roughly 11 - 12 km/hr however, my cardio is not quite strong enough yet for me to be able to sustain it for any length of time. It actually hurts my legs more to grandpa waddle slowly for the sake of my heart not exploding! This will improve in time no doubt.

Hooked up my old walkman to the treadmill this time too. It made a big difference in terms of passing the time and generating motivation. When I get some spare time I'll look into getting a cheap MP3 player to put a compilation of more motivational music on. Until that time, the radio will do!

Anyhow, almost time to actually get on with my day. Need to remember to fill out my network access form at work or I'll be booted off in 7 days... or so the automatically generated email tells me.
|
This entry was posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: