Author: Greeny
•Saturday, November 01, 2008
I need a holiday.

It has been a bit of a long week and my work hours seem to have effectively knocked out four days of my life.

Went to karate last night. It is amazing just how much more I enjoy myself now that I've finally managed to detach from it. Every time I do train I notice the difference in my strength and fitness levels. I can do the warm up laps without feeling wasted. I can get low in stances and maintain the depth without finding it taxing on my legs or cardio. I can do kata without finishing like I've just been for a run. I have the energy to run and do the fitness activities. I can push kumite a lot harder because my cardio is in much greater shape. I've been left behind in terms of skill level there but I guess I am not all too worried. :-)

Gym has also been pretty good and have increased my weights for a few activities.

Tuesday
  • 35kg bench press - 6 reps (think only managed four in final set)
  • 12kg bent over dumbbell rows - ?8/10 reps
  • 20kg static dumbbell lunges - 8 reps bilaterally
  • mountain climbers off stability ball - 20 reps
  • squats & incline push ups for warm up

Thursday

  • 30kg incline bench press - 6 reps (4 on last set) - hard!
  • 20kg Romanian dead lift - 8 reps
  • 10kg Bulgarian split squat - 8 reps bilaterally
  • 15 learner chin ups (i.e. bar at thigh height, feet flat on ground, hips lifted high and chin up action w/ arms)

Had a bit of a moment this morning. Have paid the consequences of last Saturday's eating indiscretions and didn't cope quite so well. But there could be a couple of other factors contributing to the week's weigh in...

Working with my new student has been good. I do enjoy working on an all female crew. My student is keen and a fast learner which has made things much easier. We've also not had anything too difficult, although there have been quite a number of rather random jobs.

Industrial action continues... Monday will bring a stop work rally from midday to 2pm, a ban on work shirts and a reversion to the old paper ARF. Industrial action protection ceases at midnight on Monday though so I assume negotiations will start again after that. Hopefully, we get the rise we are asking for.... Can only hope. We should at least be keeping up w/ inflation even if they insist on keep us as one of the lowest paid professions. :-S

|
This entry was posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: