Author: Greeny
•Sunday, November 09, 2008
This is one activity that I've felt has been regularly overwhelming. I frequently get the desire not to deal with it anymore and have all remaining items disposed of... Of course, this is not the answer.

I have managed a couple of garbage bags worth of junk though from old karate belts to lecture notes and assignments. My discipline this time around has been pleasing. My charity pile is almost full too. Every draw in my desk now has space in it! Still so much to do and the house looks bombed.

Reverted to a bit of emotional eating yesterday, something which is quite unusual for me. But the straying was limited to small number of dark choc goji berries, a single ferrero rondnoir and a standard serve of apple pie. But it was all I needed. :-)

Yesterday fought the urge to find something else to do and went back on to high speed interval. Did a repeat of an alternation between 150:150 and 150:200 at 15km/hr. Got through ok so I think it is time to try 200s.

This morning I got out and did an RPM class. I've really gotten used to having the convenience of training at home except when with my PT. I wasn't feeling overly keen but got out and did it anyway. Did take me a while to warm up and the first part of the class was pain. Felt a little bit rusty bit enjoyed myself. Really think I need to try and put these session in more frequently for a bit of variety.

Found myself feeling inexplicably disgusted at one particular person in the class this morning. Looking around there was a fair mix. The usual die hard cyclist or wannabes who wear riding gear and post themselves as close to the instructor as possible, a few fit looking people in for the cardio, a couple like myself with a bit more to go and a good number of obviously overweight folks doing the hard yards. Then there was this one girl who was already obscenely lean and probably wouldn't know the definition of body fat if it leaped up and stick its finger up her nose. Her lean physique was not what bothered me. It was the total lack of effort applied. The rest of us are killing ourselves and she barely trying. The little judgemental part of me believes a person who already quite naturally has the perfect body has no right to park their tiny but in a room of people who are chasing such an ideal and then do sweet bugger all. It is insulting.

While the rest of us staggered out covered in sweat, this petite statue was seen drier than sandpaper making useless motions on one of the elliptical machines. My brain is screaming "Get out of here! Stop wasting your time and money on a gym membership and making a mockery of all those who are actually doing it for real!".

/rant

Going to get social today and meet up for a park BBQ. I've tasked my brain for self control mode. Tomorrow it will be up to me to get the pre-settlement inspection done and some additional running around. May also duck up home to drop off some of the perishables which are fated to failure due to our limited consumption capacity this week.
|
This entry was posted on Sunday, November 09, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: