Author: Greeny
•Saturday, November 01, 2008
Two entries in one day... wow...

The end of the day has come and I have now got a new plan of attack for the week ahead. Primarily this involves making sure that I'm eating at 3 hours rather than 2hrs 45mins. I'm not sure how much of a difference that 15 minutes makes but if my metabolism is not yet where it needs to be then I might have been throwing more food on top of undigested food resulting in fat. Think I will also have to cut the last meal on afternoon shifts and replace with a protein shake. I prefer food due to the thermic effects but after a late night wakening, I suspect it is hanging in my stomach and not doing a great deal. See how that goes.

Today we travelled to the in-laws' place to discuss plans for the next couple weeks. We had a BBQ. I wasn't very good with the self control factor and basically had to get my calorie deficit from a combined upper body weights session and cardio. But, how much did I enjoy that steak! Wondering if perhaps I've been a little too tardy with my iron supplements. I was raised a vegetarian and never really enjoyed meat but today's steak was divine!

Had a good weights session despite today's generalised extreme fatigue.

  • Dumbbell Press - Increase reps from eight to 12, 11 and seven. (11.5kg)
  • Dumbbell Fly - Three sets of 12 reps on 8kg. Increase next session.
  • Shoulder Press - Increase reps from 3 x eight to 2 x nine and 1 x eight on 8kg.
  • Side Raises - Three sets of 12 reps on 3.5kg. Increase next session.
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Row - Three sets of 12 bilateral reps on 13.5kg. Increase next session.
  • Narrow Lat Pull Down - Three sets 12 reps on 26kg. Increase next session.
  • Lying Tricep Extensions - Increase from eight reps to 2 x 12 and 1 x 10 on bar + 2kg.
  • Bicep Curl - Increase from eight reps on 6.5kg to 2 x 12 and 1 x 8 on 6.5kg.
  • Cross Body Hammer Curl - Established 22, 20 & 15 reps on 8kg.

Feeling a lot more comfortable with my program now. I'm able to push myself to the point of failure and work up a good sweat. I'm finding that I'm also better able to utilise a whole body tension approach and also concentrate on the primary muscle in use. Noticing my core is also stronger.

Cardio component was me being a bit silly. My aim was to burn off 300 calories. 35 minutes of moderate intensity intervals did that. My calf muscles were oddly sore after karate last night. Not sure the reason but it did make things a little more difficult in terms of recovery. 8km/hr is now a little bit slow so I can look to bump things up next time and go a 7,9,10,11 cycle.

On a more personal note, I started on Nuvaring yesterday after a suggestion from my doctor. Hello libido... where have you been these last couple years??? I loved Yasmin because it helped me to lose weight. The change alone brought a loss of a couple kgs but it did some damage in a few other areas. I'm hoping the ridiculously low dose of Nuvaring will mean I can undo some of that. Will need to keep an eye on the weight and my mood in general, but so far so good. Unfortunately, it is pretty damned expensive. ~$70 for three rings. Ouch! As much as I'd like to do the usual skipping game it might be a tad too draining on the finances. Will play it by ear for the moment though...

Anyway, enough for today. Feeling a tad unwell actually. Rest day tomorrow I think.

|
This entry was posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: