Author: Greeny
•Friday, October 24, 2008
I've had a few really good nights of sleep and I've generally been feeling better all round. I'm wondering if my body is starting to adapt to this new diet plan.

My breakdown at present is 140g carbs, 140g protein and 70g fat. Starchy and simple carbs at the start of the day and fibrous carbs at the end of the day. Combinations of carbs and protein or fats and protein. Overall, despite the large quantities of fruit that I had been eating, I've increased my total caloric intake, eating more of each than anything before. My weekly weigh in doesn't produce the same results anymore. After being used to 0.5 to 1kg drop, I seem to be pulling ~200g. That's fine though because I'm building and maintain muscle. I know this because I am getting stronger much faster now. I know that I am burning the fat because despite what the scales say, my clothes are not fitting the same. It's just going to take me the next six months to reach the magic 57kg!

I finally graduated off complete baby weights and have progressed enough now to go on programs where I do one of two formats over a week or two.

I think also having my home weights sorted out is going to be a good help.

This morning was a great session. There was quite an obvious difference in my performance compared to the last time I'd run through the format. Ironically, I'm struggling more with my grip strength rather than the exercises themselves. Came away feeling pretty darn good.

* 30kg bench press - six reps
* 10kg standing rows - eight reps
* ??kg (>10kg) lunges - eight reps
* mountain climbers - 20 reps
* squats & incline push ups to warm up

Tomorrow morning will be an early start to slip in some intervals prior to the prep course. I've strayed a tad while I've been feeling off so I'm intending to switch it back to 15km/hr w/ 100:150 run:rest. Once I can get my 20 minutes there, I'll increase the distance again. Also going to look at slotting an RPM class back into the mix for a bit of variety.
|
This entry was posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: