Author: Greeny
•Friday, January 30, 2009
Due to an unexpected change in plans, I have today off.  

There are a stack of things that I perhaps should be doing, ranging from house work to wedding organisation but at the moment I could not be bothered.  

This is my first day of down time since last Monday as every other moment has been absorbed either by work or wedding preparations.  This week has been a particular killer given that I've had four days of 1300 - 2300. This basically means I get up, exercise, prepare food, go to work, come home and go to bed.  My body clock is a little bit upset now and it was only by sheer willpower that I dragged myself out of bed roughly 20 mins ago i.e. 0920.  I suspect I will work my way towards something productive but at the moment I just need some bludging time.

I can tell I'm a bit snowed under given the piles of "stuff" accumulating on my desk....

So I've been on a clean diet for almost a month now and even though I haven't noticed a lot of change and the scales have been pretty stable, I did have four people tell me yesterday that I'd lost more weight.  Given my personal failure to be objective, I take that to be a good thing. :-)

In general, things are going well and I am about embark on the really strict regime until the wedding to help shed those fat clingers.  This will basically involve a cut in the calorie budget, slashing the carbs (which is now ridiculously easy to do) and two extra kettlebell home session to the tune of a circuit.  I've been given one circuit and on 8kgs can swing through four full rotations in just under 30 minutes.  The rest periods will gradually decrease and hopefully it should really help to drill what I've learned.  

I've also progressed to 200m rest and run phases when doing intervals.  My training diary has proven quite useful as I've worked out it takes me four attempts at a particular set up to feel comfortable.  Once I'm good with this I can start looking at reducing the rest to less than the run. I seem to be a little more successful in making progress this time around.

I keep being asked about my end point.  No end point.  I want to be hot for the wedding but I want to be hot and healthy all the time.  I'll stop there before I embark on another one of those sickening rants about how wonderful life is.. 
|
This entry was posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: