Author: Greeny
•Saturday, January 10, 2009
Mental Note: Self

If someone comes knocking on the door, the blinds are a really good way of seeing who is there before being bombarded with the meaning of life.

I respect that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and values but I do feel somewhat invaded when someone comes knocking on my door and proceeds to launch into a great big spiel about such topic.  I literally feel like a prison in my own home.  There was one good things about living at the back of a gated complex...

Anyway, had my first karate class for the year last night.  It was a bit different to what I am used to and having never been there before, not sure if it is the norm or just a starter.  I guess I will learn in time.

It wasn't overly difficult but I still felt sore from the previous two days and the morning's kettlebell session meant that my legs were shaking like earthquakes holding the basic stances.  Had a bit of a sad at the end doing some sprinting exercises after not performing as well as I would have liked.  I realise that it wasn't rational given my level of fatigue and the comparisons drawn were again with people well ahead of me in the fitness game.  At least I am learning.

This morning I am sore all over but knew that I had to do my intervals because of the guilty feeling lurking in my mind.  Surprisingly, I did really, really well and survived to the end without even slumping over the console in an effort to recover.  So, if I can repeat this next time it will be on to the next stage.  This time I'll make it a little less like torture on my body!

Today we're heading down to the Gold Coast for a swim and dinner adventures.  Should be a good afternoon and a nice way to finish my days off before starting back at work on Sunday.  Will be an interesting week with a partner changeover on Monday.  I always feel just a little bit nervous...
|
This entry was posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: