Author: Greeny
•Saturday, January 17, 2009
I'm feeling distinctly better than earlier today.  A short nap temporarily recovered my energy levels but I'm feeling sapped again.  Fortunately, it has been an overcast, windy day which has made things generally more pleasant.

I have a strong suspicion that I am overtraining.  I've been keeping up a five day exercise program for quite some time now, missing only one or two sessions where I was too sore to move. But I've noticed lately a lack of vigour in my weight/kettlebell and karate sessions along w/ headaches, disrupted sleep, sluggish metabolism and slight elevation in resting pulse.  My BP has also increased from ~110mgHg systolic to 130mmHg.  At the moment I am keeping an eye on it.  I really didn't think any Christmas deviation was worthy of such a hike considering my pre-exercise never touched my BP.  

It has been a pretty good week.  My work team is functioning well and my new student who is soon to be qualified is really setting the bench mark.  It has been a good time to revisit old ground.  

Next week is my other favourite part of the roster. Four days of short shifts!  Nothing quite like life outside of ambulance.  I may actually make it to karate on Monday and I'll be able to do my workouts without going to bed at midnight!  Should have appreciated 10 hour shifts more when they were still around...  It will probably change again in a few years anyway.  

So apart from the usual, wedding plans have been starting to weigh heavily on my mind.  Time is speeding away and I need to get invitations organised very quickly. Once they are all out of the way, I can look at getting the other smaller bits and pieces done.  It means a few weeks of giving up my days off but I will be resting a lot easier when all is in order. I've got that same feeling like when I was at uni and knew there was a complicated assignment due soon and I was short on time, stilling knowing that the complicated part was yet to be done.  All I looked forward to was the day after it was all done.  I'm looking forward to the day but I'm having a touch of difficulty seeing through all that is required beforehand.   Such is life...
|
This entry was posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: