Author: Greeny
•Thursday, January 08, 2009
So, my eating habits have been pristine for the last five days and I have to say that I'm feeling a great deal better and a lot less grumpy. Sometimes I forget how much of a difference it all makes.

This morning I felt tired and was quite sore in the glutes and hamstrings from yesterday's kettlebell circuits.  However, I managed once again to make it through to the end.  This time without feeling like I was about to experience an imminent gastrointestinal problem or die from SOB.  I certainly wasn't feeling healthy but it was a small improvement on previous efforts.  Guess I'm expecting it will take a little longer for me to feel comfortable with this one seeing I cut out a few stages that usually occur first when reducing my rest periods.  

Intervals are not something I ever look forward to doing.  I am almost thankful for every day that I don't have to be on that treadmill doing them but it is only because it is hard.  My cardio has improved dramatically from the days when 10 - 11km/hr was challenge enough.  However, I still find it difficult.  On the bright side I've managed to stay tough to push it until the end.  The mental side is the one things can cause defeat early for me.  But I guess when I've pushed hard enough that my body has been ready to give up, I can't really stop before hand without feeling like a cheat.

Work has been going well.  I enjoy working within a team although it has been somewhat challenging watching over two students in the infancy of their paramedical careers.  The dynamics will change again on Monday when the next rotation occurs. I will just have to wait and see how that works.

I suppose it is time to get on to breakfast and start the day. Much to catch up on...
|
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: