Author: Greeny
•Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Life can change in just seconds.

Yesterday was the start of a great day.  We had our first workout which was of a moderate pace.  Not too hard but not dead easy either.  I had my nutrition mapped out. I was feeling on top of the world...suffering runners high.

It was time to get out and buy some new gym clothes and look at purchasing some new shoes and a watch. 

So off I drove and for a few seconds I was distracted by some kids at the side of the road.  When I return my vision ahead the car in front was slowing down.  Slowing down and stopped.  I realised that I wasn't going to stop in time.  It is amazing what can run through your mind in such a short frame of time. I thought about computer games and dreams where this happens and realises this is not the same... there will be consequences.  I plant my foot on the break, shift away from the steering wheel to avoid the airbag and shut my eyes.  I can barely remember the jolt...there was a bang and pop.  When I open my eyes there is dust everywhere, both my airbags are inflated and there are bits of plastic floating around from their explosive exit. I will later discover my sun glasses under the seat... they started on my head.

The driver of the vehicle I've hit is already out of the car.  I'm spitting out dust.  I am immediately aware of the pain in my chest and but I know I am otherwise alright. My thoughts turn to the other driver... all I can say to them is "sorry" and it hardly seems enough.  I feel bad for what I've done to them.  I know that I am at fault. I know it will affect my insurance and I know I might end up charged with something. I am angry with myself because I know better...

There is a lot my tears of mixed emotion, running around, tow truck drivers, ambulance refusal (no way were my colleagues getting to this if I could avoid it) and playing with insurance.  When all is dusted, I am carrying a muscular neck injury primarily, the other driver is fine. Their car is a write off. Mine I dare say will be as well.  I have $900 excess and no car hire.  65% no claims becomes 55%. I have no doubt there is other things to be dealt with as far as QPS goes. 60km/hr to zero is not good for car or body.

This morning I am gutted... I am sidelined while my boy gets to play.  It was a fitbox session and while it was like doing a white belt beginner class from what I could see, it is still something I enjoy.  I liked my car and I despise not being able to train. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There are always consequences....
|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 03, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 11:13:00 AM GMT+10 , Anonymous said...

Tremendous shock to see the photo of the car
and worse to imagine that you were in there!

i so need to give you a big hug!

Hoo mail for you
open second one first x x x

 
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 11:37:00 AM GMT+10 , Eats Food, Hates You said...

Oh goodness Is! As long as you are ok the car will be covered. * Hugs. *