Author: Greeny
•Friday, November 13, 2009
I'm stuffed.  Had a nap this morning for about an hour and have been awake again for an hour but could quite easily go back to sleep.  Think I might have pushed it a bit hard this week... although, I actually went through this week with plenty of energy despite the extra training.  Seem to have hit a bit of a wall today and was actually planning to use it go and visit family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ended up at training last night knowing that the regular folk were away and a few mates were taking the class. Wasn't overly challenging physically as I must have done each of my grade kata once but useful all the same. This morning was bootcamp.  I'm disappointed with myself because I found it hard to get up this morning and approached the session with a "just survive" attitude.  Consequently, at some point when I dropped down a gear there wasn't a whole lot of forward momentum and had a rather teary episode of psychogenic hyperventillation.  Furiously trying to calm down so I could breath enough to at least return to a jogging-esk shuffle.  I did recover, although it did take 3/4 of the giant box to do so...only aided by somone drawing a joker which meant a run to the Christmas tree and 30 burpees...

This morning was about cards. First half was running, second half was bridging and for those who stayed for the final 15 minutes, side stepping.  Each activity was interrupted only by the drawing of a card from a 500 pack.  Each suit represented an exercise.  Hearts = burpees, diamonds = tuck jumps, clubs = V snaps and spades = pushups.  The value of the card equalled the number to be performed with an A being the highest at 20.  Of course...if one of those two jokers were pulled, we ran off to the Christmas tree to do 30 burpees and return. 

There were a damned awful lot of hearts in the deck.  Didn't help we managed to retrieve BOTH jokers from the pack.  In the end we calculate having done roughly 100.  Admittedly, they did actually seem to get a bit easier over time and I was able to achieve a baby jump each time which was some progress.  My legs however, feel like they have been caned terribly.

Last exercise for the day was life saver sprints.  Five sets down the length of the giant rectangle.  We had the opportunity to draw a card and if we picked the suit or the number then we'd knock on set off...or two if we got both.  No such luck.  Bitten by ants... unhappy times.  Knew that would probably happen so didn't go full throttle on the first couple.  Paid off cause I was killing it by the end.  Hooray for all that endurance training....  Thank goodness for rest days...


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I did get my new car yesterday. Didn't particularly want to give the Lancer back but I do like my car.  It is shiney with dark, dark windows.  I also like all the sports extras...though, the spoiler is a little bit silly IMO. She's got paint protection, fabric protection and the darkest legal tint. I love it. Oh and seats are sooo comfortable!

It wasn't until my second drive that I got back into the Colt mode. But I missed my old car. I missed the familiarity and being able to throw anything anywhere not worrying too much about scratches or dents because of weathering, time and past damages done.  But I love that new car smell that is unique to mitsubishi.  It's intoxicating.  Driving around I am filled with the memories of my old Colt when it was brand new.

I've been noticing little difference here and there. Some things are because it is a higher standard model, something are just improvements of time and some things are just a part of the fact it operates the way a new car should.  Last night, I turned the radio off and drove, just listening to what my new car sounded like...the way by old one used to back in its infancy.  Funny looking at the odometer and seeing a tiny number!  I left the dealership on 17!  I think the last time was 14 or 24. 

Reasonably happy with my registration.  Easy enough to remember and not a complete random scramble of letters and numbers.  Just different.  I don't quite identify with it yet. 

My only bug bear, if I'd thought about it, I would have taken the little container doodad where my spare change lived in the old colt cause my new one doesn't have it.  Grrr at NRMA claiming that for themselves (as well as my spare change). 

I still miss the old one but I am happy.  It is new with most of the extras I wanted the first time around, got it for less and realistically, this will be last new one I have for a while...

Anyway, I'm rambling like I've lost a puppy, I'm feeling tired and my brain is winding down. Time to call it off for a while.
|
This entry was posted on Friday, November 13, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: