Author: Greeny
•Sunday, November 01, 2009
I am officially boycotting Rebel Sport and Chermside.  The staff there behave in a manner that reminded me all too much of the cool kids at school.  FFS grow up! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Having said, I did manage to successfully escape with two exercise mats for this afternoon's activities. After wondering around for a while I decided to return at a later date to purchase additional workout gear, watch and shoes which are all in a state of disrepair.

Anyhow, this afternoon proved to be interesting and I will further elaborate in the inside for those keen.   I felt kind of nervous but intensely competitive and found myself sizing up the female competition early.  Image and video hosting by TinyPic There were a few blokes there and most looked to be reasonably fit.  Oddly and wisely, I didn't consider them.

The fitness test was a little bit more relaxed than what I had expected.  Estimate a 200m sprint, 1 minute pushups, 1 minute crunches and 1 minute of squats. 

We were asked to line up according to speed and I placed myself in the middle. I got out ahead quickly but was beaten by all the boys.  There was only one other girl who had gotten off to a surprising start.  I decided not to kill myself on the first half and relied on my endurance to catch up on the second half... which I did just at the end.  1 minute 31 seconds. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Crunches got me off guard.  I haven't done crunches in a long, long time.  They just aren't a part of my training and concentrate on upper abs a fair bit.  I suspect I am going to get a lot better at them over the month.  Didn't think my technique was too good but got through 48 in the minute.

Pushups I decided to do on my toes. By the end of the minute I was barely able to lower myself.  I felt proud of the effort cause I popped out 33 which rivalled what the other girls were managing on their knees. 

Squats were awkward.  I haven't done body weight squats for a while either.  I am used to doing them to the ground or otherwise to a sitting position with 20kg+ on my back.  It was too easy and as such, found it awkward.  I heard a lot of comparable numbers (I pulled 47) but saw a lot of not so hot technique. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So after all that we were given out nutrition journals, guidelines, a bottle of green goo and signed a contract to try hard.  Contract was fine.  Green goo tasted like watery banana... essentially because it was made of banana, parsely and water.  Journal is straight forward.  Guidelines were generally fine except for the bit about no protein supplements or lean beef. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Apprehension returns....
|
This entry was posted on Sunday, November 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: