Author: Greeny
•Tuesday, November 17, 2009
So, we're over the half was mark in the UBLTP. 

Yesterday morning we got approached to lead the kicking section of the Fitbox class.  So, I had about 24 hours to contemplate how to take a group of white belts through a session which was going to be more physically grueling than technical. Think I did alright in the end.

The previous two weeks they were introduced to front, side and back kick.  I repeated each, ten each side at a moderate pace with a few extra technical pointers. I then got them to do the same but full focus, really drilling in on the idea of kicking as hard as they can and pretending like there was an attacker on the move.  Figured that this was going to be a good time to introduce the kiai concept and get them motivated.  Dropped kiai and opted for group shout counting.  Worked a treat!   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then repeated front kick using the reach out in front with both hands, grab, pull in and thrust kick through. This served to aid their visualisation but also increase the intensity.  Then we finished with pyramid kicks, ten off each leg.  I was trashed by the end so theoretically, they should have been too. 

If we get to do it again next week, I've already got a few ideas in mind.  Though... I won't be very good at training tonight!

My current nutrition program is a killer. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Combined with regular exercise it just shreds the fat!  I'm living in a constant state of wedgie... TMI?  Yeah, probably... but means my butt is getting smaller. Also watching the veins in my forearms come to the surfaces and creep up my arms too.  Think I'm in with a shot to post some good results despite having started in a much fitter and smaller state than the majority.

Looking forward to tomorrow and not at the same time.  Cardio Core.  Running is not my strong point.  I know I keep saying it but it is most definately true.  However, it is TD's last day with us before the end of our program and we're getting a rewarding surprise for our efforts so far.   Mind you, if it is a box of Green Smoothies I'm going to be a little disappointed.  I know a lot of people think they are great but my digestive system was made for solids and I do seriously enjoy chewing and tasting the food I point into my mouth.  It lasts a hell of a lot longer and I can appreciate the components more when they are not whizzed into minute little pieces.  IMO... 

On the down side, I'm doing a dummy run for work next week.  This means I will kick it back home at the speed of light before setting the pot to cook oats while I have a shower and change into uniform before hastily departing.  All this the day after a super late night at Caloundra training.  Good one...  Next week is going to be hell. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Training is a bit like... meh.  Did some videography of my kata last night.  I was having a super flat day yesterday and when running, barely felt like my feet were getting off the ground.  It showed last night.  I looked so average...even when I pulled out my best...  I am not where I want to be.  I'll go to the grading anyway... I'll probably pass but honestly, I believe that nidan really is about as far as I will go within GKR...and probably shouldn't even be that.  Not being negative... just realistic.

Anyway, going to go shovel into lunch.  Tuna with a green salad.  Been hooked on this for a while now.  Found the Sirena tinned tuna to be quite pink, no nasty additives and tasty as!  Salads have been wonderful. Lots of spinach, lettuce, shoots, sprouts, lettuce, cucumber Image and video hosting by TinyPic, tomato Image and video hosting by TinyPic, mushroom Image and video hosting by TinyPic, capsicum Image and video hosting by TinyPic, carrot Image and video hosting by TinyPic, celery, snow peas and sugar snap peas Image and video hosting by TinyPic with fresh lemon Image and video hosting by TinyPic or lime Image and video hosting by TinyPic juice and a touch of fetta when I want a bit of an extra kick!  Love it! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: