Author: Greeny
•Tuesday, March 10, 2009


April 2008, brandishing a knife, flabby arms, flabby stomach and a mean double chin...  This was actually the rebound from a few months dieting...improperly.  I shaved my way down to 67kg without making any real lifestyle changes.  Frozen veggies and crumbed fish just doesn't work in the long term...  Who was I kidding??  Back to 75kg in the blink of an eye...



February 2009 and I've lost 15kg+ in fat and gained goodness knows how much in muscle. :-)  I keep being asked about my end point.  I don't see why there should need to be one.  I enjoy what I am doing and feel better than ever!  Body image wise, I'd like to be lean with a bit more muscle to flex - Michelle Bridges style.  Fitness wise, I'll keep going onwards and upwards!

I've been taking things slowly but achieving great things.  I'm working my intervals down to a tabata protocol.  I've noticed that I am now able to walk for 5 mins on the treadmill at 6km/hr and my heart rate stays below 100bpm.  I'm also recovering from ~180bpm to ~130bpm within the first minute of ceasing.  Mind you, when I first started, I was hard pressed doing anything with a heart rate like that!  

Kettlebell circuits are going well.  Starting to do a few new things with my personal trainer and I am able to complete both my home circuits on the 12kg bells now.  

I got the results back for my genetic test through Excel Gene. So, as I suspected, I am not a medical marvel with genes designed to make me a freak of nature.  Most areas are either normal or have a negative mutation.  Booo!  Even less impressed to find out that my body is suboptimal in its ability to burn fat during cardio based activities. You know... that thing that most people will push because it is the best way to burn calories.  Uh-uh. Not for me.  Lean muscle.  It isn't a great drama given that the majority of my workouts are based around kettlebells.  Anyway, my PT is going to put together another program for me that will work synergistically with my genetic strengths and weaknesses and then I will be *puts on theatrically deep voice* UNSTOPPABLE! ;-)

Life has otherwise been completely consumed by wedding plans.  I am feeling an increased level of mental fatigue so I am well and truly looking forward to things just being organised and that be that.  Then I might be able to clean up properly and get on with life!  Don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to the day.  I just had not counted on things getting quite this fiddly! 

Ok, I've run out of talking steam and need to get some groceries or I will starve.  Maybe not starve but begin to resort to less optimal eating choices.  Given it has been a full months since I've last input junk food, I'd like to keep my health streak going, at least until the hens night!

|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: