Author: Greeny
•Saturday, March 21, 2009
This blog entry is brought to you by Powerthirst:



Having found myself more entwined in the world of health and nutrition I have also came to dabble with sports supplements. This is one area of the life where things actually just work. Why can't everything be so simple???

Things That Work:

Reflex Instant Whey - A protein powder that not only can I mix with water, it tastes fantastically natural and I can have it 15 minutes before a work out and it won't sit in my stomach like a gluggy mess making me feel all nauseous. For $150 there is a 4.4kg bag containing approximately 175 servings which also means the value for money factor is ridiculous!

Syn-Tec Zinadrol - Also known as ZMA... this was the start of my Syn-Tec junkie behaviours. Actually, Carbo-Plex was really the start. (I spent $50 on a 4kg bucket of carbs to throw into a protein shake pre-work out and it has lasted me forever.) The simple nature of the product means it doesn't quite get a mention of its own. Anyhow, Zinadrol made of Zinc, Magnesium and B6 has provided me with the ultimate cute for all those nasty little muscle spasms and twitches that I used to get after a work out. Again $55 for 180 caps lasts me an eternity!

Ultimate Nutrition GABA - I've had problems with sleep for quite a few years and this would have to be the miracle cure. No prescribed medication can compare to the sleep that I get from this stuff. I still don't sleep through the night but the depth and quality are greatly improved and awaken far few times. Coupled with Zinadrol at night, I am never letting this one go!


New Product:

Syn-Tec Rave Remix - This would probably make my mother shriek. I've been looking for something to provide a bit of a boost for training after night shifts. I don't like having to do it but that's the nature of shift work and I want to be able to perform well rather than dread the experience. After consultation with the folks at The Supplement Den I thought I'd give this puppy a shot and my first trial was this morning.

At 4 am I stumble out the kitchen and swallow two as directed. The instructions say 60-90 minutes before the workout and I figure I won't have the benefit during my kettlebell circuit but will hopefully be awake for work afterwards. I have to admit to being a skeptic when it comes to a lot of herbal things as I've only ever received limited benefits from past experience. I also know that coffee is generally an awesome diuretic and poor stimulant for me. I was surprised...

A few minutes later I've hopped on my treadmill and getting the legs warmed up when I start to feel a warm burning sensation from the pit of my stomach spread across my chest. I finish up on the treadmill and I am struck by what I can only describe as EUPHORIA! I am SOOO happy to be up at 4am and swinging kettlebells around! Mind altering stuff.... literally. My body fatigues at the same points but on a psychological level it doesn't bother me at all. After each 30 second rest I dive straight into the next exercise. I don't feel tired or discouraged. I feel great!!! The first set was a bit longer because I was mucking around with the radio to find a channel but otherwise I would have packed in five full sets in the time it usually takes me to just squeeze in four sets in half an hour.

I wonder if I have convinced myself that the thing is working but I still feel AWESOME! What I also have is the feeling like everything is running at a million miles an hour. It is like being stuck on fast forward. Not only that... the feeling persisted for about five or six hours afterwards before I was slowly returned a more level state. But there also comes a price... diuresis, exacerbation of postural hypotension and a splitting headache when the pace slowed down. After a few panadol the rest of my day was good. I'd not had quite enough sleep but I was in a good mood for the rest of the day and by 7pm I still felt good to be at work for a few more hours.

I can understand why people get addicted to drugs. I won't be using this at any time other than after night shift. I think that will allow me to get my workout done, stay awake for the rest of the day and be productive. Once a week for six weeks can't be too damaging. But of course, I'll need to keep an eye on it. But high fives for another product that works! Yeah... I am kicking mother nature with my power legs!!


|
This entry was posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: