Author: Greeny
•Monday, March 16, 2009
I'm feeling oddly energetic given that I've managed about two hours of broken sleep overnight.  These last two night shifts have definitely proven to be challenging.  I have now drawn the conclusion that one is not accomplished in the art of paramedic practice until such point where one can handle a sick patient, bystanders and a brand new student while managing to get required activities done.  This is an art form that I am not yet entirely proficient and has left me feeling like a wet sponge. 

From the anterolateral infarct where I found myself attempting to cannulate whilst explaining the placement of 12 lead ECG dots to the GI haemorrhage a second appeared an eternity and ICP backup was swinging wildly between code 1 and code 2 with the iron security gate of doom preventing all access. By the end I begin to question my own competency. So...time to develop a new action plan.

I would include a segment here where I bitch about the wedding absorbing my life but I've gotten bored with complaining about even that...  Five weeks to go!

Exercise wise, everything is going well.  After getting the results of my gene test I've started to focus a little more heavily on kettlebell workouts and it is proving to be a winner.  Another 400g loss this week and although I am having a tough time seeing where it is coming from, the objective observer comments have been positive and I have noted that doing Turkish getups off the concrete garage floor is becoming increasingly painful minus the fatty padding!

Suppose I should try and be somewhat productive today while my energy lasts.  Did a slightly easier circuit this morning (i.e. I did half of the sets with only single instead of double arm clean & press) so will give training a miss to avoid performance misery.  Besides, it would be nice to be good nick for my first night of senior training tomorrow.  :-)
|
This entry was posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: