Author: Greeny
•Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Yes, still hopelessly entertained by Powerthirst vids...

So, put Rave to the real test this morning. After 13 hours of a sleepless night shift, it was time to pop two and see what happened. The onset was a little different this time. More subtle... no burning chest (think that was just sunlight) and no extreme euphoria just rather happy. :-)

Again, I wonder how this stuff is legal. It is like a mixture between methamphetamine and some kind of anaesthetic agent. (No, never touched illicit drugs but have come to know a lot about them in my job). The feeling is good and the pain goes away. The fatigue still exists but without the pain it is possible to push the body to the point of absolute failure. Although, I wonder if that is always a good thing. There is also a lot less mental resistance to getting on with the job.

Today's session was a combination of things I've done before. By the end there actually was pain and enough for me to know that without this stuff I wouldn't have been able to push through. I worked the body hard and after standing still for a bit was so unaware of the extent of exhaustion that my legs very nearly failed when I tried to walk.

It is addictive feeling good and awesome actually having energy after a night shift to get things done. :-)

I went a little bit nuts and went out and bought Napalm. I think this should be able to effectively replace protein plus straight carb powder on post night shift workouts and pre-cardio sessions. Coupled with the Rave it should make me like a fighter jet made of biceps. :-P

Assuming I don't wake up disabled from soreness tomorrow, I'll give it a try.

On a different note, had a bit of a different night last night. No down time but I've somewhat come to accept that this will be the way it goes until summer breaks in again at the end of the year. We did a three paediatric jobs last night which is a record for me. One was a pretty decent croup and had me considering nebulised adrenaline. It's not until you are presented with a case like that in real life that "life threatening airway compromise" as an indication is not quite as clear cut as it would seem. But I guess the same applied for the use adrenaline in anaphylaxis and learning that anaphylaxis isn't just about swollen throats and tongues. I wonder why there is so much mystery there... Anyway, as it turned out, just when it seemed otherwise, nebulised saline did the trick and a speed recovery was made. :-)

Three more weeks until holidays! Four more weeks until the wedding. And I really must contact the organist....


|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: