Author: Greeny
•Saturday, October 03, 2009
Feeling pretty good today! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Had a bit of a downer in the morning yesterday but was on track by the end of the day. I did eventually gain a little perspective on the runs.  I seem to remember writing in this blog about my epic fail attempt at running the day before I started C25K.  I'd estimate only getting 500m before having to stop and walk.  Considering this, my development has been pretty damned impressive.  Suppose I wasn't exactly unfit before I started though.  Guess all that resides is the apprehension for next time.  When I get to W6D3 it will be 25 minutes continuously and all walk breaks are banished forever more!  Cross that bridge when I get there...

Secret squirrel training went well in the afternoon.  Ended up largely repeating what I'd done last time and I can see definitively that I was stronger, faster and more efficient.  I can also say that after increasing pyramid style through lizard walking, crab walking, lunges, duck waddles, wheel barrow walks, jumping, hopping and sprinting laps back to back without rest, holding a bridge position with a 5kg plate on the back for a minute...is challenging.  Then I got to throw some bicep curls on the end after that....

The face pull, bench jump, pushup, leg raise combo after that also went reasonably well.  It is after the second set that I usually start feeling decidedly sick.  I think I am beating the bench jumps though.Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Had a reasonably reflective evening after catching up with the old A team after the boy trained last night.  I've been working hard to get better and am looking forward to my big day. My current program is working wonders for me and I hope that I can perform at my own expected standard.  Found myself thinking about how things were when I started, the present and the future. Maybe something to elaborate on elsewhere...  

Just lost the blogging drive so going to call it quits for today.  Think the body is back on track... I'm sore but better than expected.  Going for a run again tomorrow... start of week 5.
|
This entry was posted on Saturday, October 03, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: