Author: Greeny
•Sunday, October 04, 2009
Body wasn't happy with me this morning... Image and video hosting by TinyPic   It was really hard to get out bed, the muscles weren't overly sore but definately sluggish and I was then plastered with a lower GI upset Image and video hosting by TinyPic for the what number time this week? Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Despite all that, I went and ran.  W6D1 comprises of the following format:
  • Run 5 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 8 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 5 minutes
Making a grand total of 24 minutes.

My body seemed to take a little while to warm up and get into the rhythm.  Managed ok though.  Funny how the body adapts to certain conditions... rapid onset of tired at the 22 minute mark.

3.95km in 24 minutes exactly.

What's my goal?  Finishing C25K is a great start.  Would like to be able to run the big block which is ~11km around the major roads back to my place.   I'd also like to run 6km in 30minutes... only because I am competitive and that is what my man can do when in good nick.  One step at a time though.   Figure I'll jump on to One Hour Runner after I'm done with C25K and see where that takes me.

My body is unhappy.Image and video hosting by TinyPic I know I'm going to need to take a two day recovery in there somewhere.  Figure if I put my endurance session tomorrow night instead of Tuesday, then will have two days before the big 25 minute run and senior training.
|
This entry was posted on Sunday, October 04, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: