Author: Greeny
•Thursday, October 01, 2009
Today I am feeling sore.  Yesterday I was also feeling sore...from karate?!    This is not normal...  I become suspicious when I don't make a recovery from normal exercise.  Last time that happened I got savaged by a illness pre-wedding. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yesterday's sessions went pretty well.  After declaring I couldn't possibly do clapping pushups I was told to just do it and sure enough... by set five I was managing to complete my three reps of clapping pushups - on my toes! Nice! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Apart from that, my box jumps went up a stack and managed to do my snatch grip deadlifts off the platform and increase the weight.

The afternoon's endurance also saw some improvements.  Think I'll be ready to hit the 20kg mark for the farmer's walk next time. Ran a little further on my first two sets of the sandbag run. Increased the number of burpees I was able to do before my legs would only allow me to stand rather than jump from the squat. I went for the 6kg plate to replace the medicine ball throw down but it was also too easy. 10kg next time I do it from home.  The bear walk was a lot stronger and more coordinated this time but I was shattered by the end so it was tough to maintain.

Tomorrow morning I am going to do W5D3. Image and video hosting by TinyPic  I am looking forward to it!  Going to get up super early and just run!  20 minutes non-stop!  I'm feeling confident and excited.  The program starts to track rapidly upwards from here but I can say that as long as I can get through this then the rest should be more than manageable.

Picked up my new ID card from work yesterday!  The difference between late 2007 and now is quite remarkable. My face and neck are have lost a noticeable amount of girth.  It will be good to have an ID that says my married name and also describes me as qualified rather than student paramedic.
|
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: