Author: Greeny
•Friday, October 02, 2009
Sooooo... W5D3....  I'd like to say that it was just simply so awesome but I'm not really that happy with it. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Although significantly improved, I was still sore this morning and my warm up produced a few aches and my L) hamstring cramped.  I knew it wasn't going to be my best run and that it certainly was not.

I couldn't get my technique on properly and my hamstrings and calves were playing up and by the seven minute mark I was feeling uncomfortable.  I was disappointed at that point because my last run I'd hit eight minutes and was cruising. Wasn't going to give up though and kept going.  The uphill sections were hard and I was worried that I wouldn't make it to the end... still kept going through.  My legs were the big issue, the cardio was coping just fine.  Having said that, the second half was very slow and I was reasonably certain I could have walked faster.  Eventually my brain locked into karate mode and I absent-mindedly stared ahead.  The very last stretch was largely down hill. I wanted to pick up the pace to end but there wasn't very much left.  I pushed but not a great deal.  Completed my 3.5km in 20 minutes and seven seconds averaging 10.44 km/hr.

Disappointed.  Yep. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know that my body hasn't been doing well these last few days.  I know that I was sore but I still was hoping for a lot better.  I suppose I am on track to get my 5km in the 30 minutes...  Still...

Unhappy calves, achilles and R) ITB.

Secret session this afternoon... should be looking forward to it... not right now.

It's hard to avoid the negative self talk that rattles around telling me that I was never meant to be a runner etc...   Transient.  W6D1 next time.
|
This entry was posted on Friday, October 02, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On Friday, October 2, 2009 at 11:17:00 AM GMT+10 , Anonymous said...

Maybe fighting something.
Negative self talk not right because you are already becoming the... ' what you were not meant to be'.
Setting your site and goals for a year from now or six months etc may help counteract the feelings of the day to day comparisons and battles.
Iron will and persistence are your strong drivers and do not often let you down.