Author: Greeny
•Monday, October 12, 2009
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"It's just a flesh wound!"

Yes indeed.  *snort*  *sniffle*

I was feeling optimistic this morning. I got up... looking in the mirror and decided that I was not quite the pale swollen mass that I had been yesterday.  Yesterday being the day that I spent five hours awake from 5pm-9pm.

I figured that I'd hang out for the meetings and then go home... lucky that I rang to confirm because as it turned out there was no reason for me to be there at all and within 10 minutes of my start time got told to go home for a third time.

It's not really that bad.  My nose is running quite a lot... just thin, watery stuff.  My throat is only a problem when I yawn and I am far more energetic. It is more the culmination which makes me look miserable.

I have some Zyrtec and Phenergan.  When I get tired of the sniffles I'll have have the Zyrtec and when I want to sleep, Phenergan all the way.

Rest for me now...
|
This entry was posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On Monday, October 12, 2009 at 12:21:00 PM GMT+10 , seiunchin_chick said...

Aww I hope you feel better soon. :( How is the running going? (Before you got sick)

 
On Monday, October 12, 2009 at 12:33:00 PM GMT+10 , Greeny said...

Yeah me too... Suppose better to be sick now than later down the track.

Was doing well before this. Did W6D3 on Wednesday morning i.e. 25 minutes straight and got through 4.3km. Felt pretty happy with that effort. Had been planning on moving to week 7 on Sunday morning...or today if I wasn't too sore. Still am sore from Friday but not well enough to contemplate a run anyway. :-(

Not sure how this week is going to pan out at this stage! Knowing what I'm like I'll try to jump back in too early, go too hard, set the bar too high and then be upset with myself for not reaching the mark.

 
On Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 10:33:00 AM GMT+10 , Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon, but do give your body a rest if it needs it. Treat it like your beloved colt you are training, you wouldnt be cruel pushing it beyond its limits if it was sick, would you? :) x x x

 
On Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 9:41:00 AM GMT+10 , Anonymous said...

Ha! ha!...who am i to say of course, you should have seen how i both flogged and then drowned
my own horse, but before long ended up feeling like a rock flailing seaweed arms and legs and finally got out of the water half done. Now wouldn't a day off been preferable after all? hard to say...lol!