Author: Greeny
•Tuesday, September 29, 2009
There has been an absence in posting here for a little while as I've had the last eight days at work. Unfortunately, that doesn't allow me a great deal of time for blogging purposes.

It has been a pretty good week overall.  I think I've finally worked out a training schedule that suits my roster and it does include rest days.  As long as I stay hydrated then I am able to balance the strength, endurance, karate, running and sleep so that I am able to maintain high levels of energy and consistently perform well.

The endurance stuff is work well.  I am really starting to feel the difference in training.

Speaking of training... found my kumite bouts from the last tournament on YouTube!  The owner actually highlighted the bit where I get smacked in the nose too.  Found that kinda funny. Things look different from the outside and the bouts are a lot shorter than they felt in action.  Good learning tools and a few things that I will need to change!






Realised yesterday that I am somewhere between six and eleven weeks away from a nidan grading...  Important for me to be training hard.  Important for me to be performing at karate...

Running has been going well!  Yesterday morning I did W5D2 which is eight minutes run, five minutes walk and eight minutes run.  Got up at 4:30am and experienced one of those exercise euphoria moments while darting into the darkness of a nature strip.

I ran the first eight minutes comfortably but not so nicely the second time through.  Next time round will be 20 minutes non-stop.  Although I am a little bit scared, I do think that I'll be alright.  I find it easier to keep going than stop.

I'm in awe of the fact that I can actually run for a bit now.  When I first started I'd end up doing crazy breathing and my legs would die... such a different feeling now. Mind you, I've also change my running technique again so that has also probably helped!

This week's plan has been a little bit disturbed because of family events so I was meant to train tonight. Awoke this morning feel both sore and tired and figure with gym and endurance tomorrow that it wouldn't be worth the pain.  Opted to take the time to go out with my man instead.

The work work has been good and largely productive. I can say that for the large part I enjoyed it and am really getting along well with the RBWH staff now.  There have been a few things go down over the weekend but nothing that I can't handle.  This week I am getting six days off.. yay!  Thursday and Friday will be accrued leave with nooone manning the fort.  It will be good to actually spend some time with my boy.
|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 11:32:00 AM GMT+10 , Jay by day said...

Nice to have you back and some good choices made.
Not so sure about the 4.30 am run in the dark of course but looks like a densely populated area, or so i say to myself to calm the panicky beating of my heart, lol!
I would need all your karate experience plus some capsicum spray plus a German Shepherd... or two! ...ROFL!

The photos dont show on the page, also is there a You tube link so that we can enjoy the dented nose incident, ts! ts! ts!... :)

Six days off...a big yay!!! :) :)