Author: Greeny
•Tuesday, September 08, 2009
I'm in a really good place right now! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Holidays are underway so I am not stressed with work.  I can sleep in every morning and exercise every day!  I'm feeling happy and motivated and consequently I am not feeling overrun with desire to binge. Perhaps I am just designed to be a house wife??

I woke up this morning and flexed a few leg muscles in bed... I wasn't super sore like I had expected.  I got out of bed and my calves cramped but eased almost immediately to nothing. My shin muscles were still a little sore but significantly improved compared to the previous two days. I felt energetic and decided... bugger it... I am going for a run!

Downed to glasses of water and put on my shiney new shoes! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love them!  They are comfy and springy. It is almost like they mould to my feet and I barely notice they are there at the same time. Kind of a cool feeling knowing there is $220 worth of equipment on my feet... but the difference is worth every cent. After a bit of a stretch I whacked on my new SPIBELT, hooked up to my IPOD shuffle and away I went.

The shoes were wonderful...couched and no landing in funny positions.

Running with my IPOD was also a bit different.  After nearly kamikaze-ing into two cars Image and video hosting by TinyPic that came up behind me, I decided that even in my quiet neighbourhood it would probably be a good idea to run against traffic.  Problem solved.

Everything felt good.  It was a longer time before a breathing pattern needed to kick in.  I wasn't aiming higher today... just the same.  But I found myself gradually winding up and soon knew that I was ahead of the game again.  For the last running interval, I did 90 seconds again and decided to go as fast and as hard as I could.  I wanted to make it back to the start point.  I pushed it and pushed it hard. My legs very sooo incredibly heavy. As much as I tried, in that last 15 seconds, I could not will them to move any faster... I was a few steps away when the clocked ticked over 90 seconds.  But, I am not unhappy!  While the body was giving up, my form was good the whole time and despite the exhaustion, no...crazy...breathing!  So with an extra seven seconds of walk I actually felt elated! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stats for today:

3.45km in 21 minutes and 37 seconds, making an average run speed of 9.57km/hr!  Yeah!

At this point I should also mention that the SPIBELT is brilliant!   It is discreet, didn't slip or slide at all and was so comfortable that it was after quite some time at home that I realised I was still wearing it!

So... I've done week 1 in three days.  That wasn't exactly my intention but I feel like the addiction centre of my brain has found something new to play with! Tomorrow, I should probably rest and then on Thursday I will pick up on W2D1.
|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 08, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 2:29:00 AM GMT+10 , Guttermouth said...

Sounds like you're making great progress, keep up the good work!