Author: Greeny
•Sunday, September 13, 2009
The rest of yesterday was pretty good.

Spent some time over at my parent's place with my sister and niece.  My niece is six...although I still keep thinking she is five. Image and video hosting by TinyPic  She's gorgeous though and growing up ever so quickly.  I have always been impressed with just how intelligent this little one is and I suspect she will outdo us all as she continues to grow up.

We spent a while playing ball and constructing masterpieces from Geomag bits.  I wish that stuff had been around when I was kid.  Think I could sit there and play with it for hours. Out of curiosity, I went on Google and found some really awesome constructions. Creativity doesn't even begin to describe some of the things which people have created but have a look at this Sulieman the Magnificent Mosque and tell me that is not totally amazing??  I think the stats were equally impressive though: 13390 pieces: 3315 balls, 7938 rods, 20 pentagons, 2077 squares, 40 rhombuses (69.72 kg). 69.72 kg??? Image and video hosting by TinyPic  I'm only 62kg!  That is insane!!!

Anyhow, a great afternoon and I particularly enjoyed feasting on the product of my sister's cake making skills!

Last night we set off to see Riverfire.  Now this was also a fantastic experience.  Getting through traffic around SouthBank was a little tough and then the people traffic was equally unbelievable.  However, the show  made every bit worthwhile.  I hadn't been prepared for the entrance of the F111s and it was LOUD.  The sound reminded me of that which the Tower of Terror makes but it was the volume as if standing right underneath as it shoots up towards the sky.  I felt my grip tighten around B, followed by an adrenaline rush.

The fireworks display was impressive.  There was a nice balance between the different types with appropriate pauses.  B liked the ones that exploded into smiley faces and we both liked the type that seemed to shoot off in crazy directions a few times before disappearing.  We were back a bit from the river on South Bank because there were so many people but through the lower trees we could see a red glow just as the fireworks seemed to finish.  There was a silence and then the F111s roared back over the sky again with the orange glow behind.  Everyone just let out howls of excitement and the sky exploded into fireworks again!  Sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it!

30 minutes of pure entertainment.  I am glad that we went to see the last flyover.  I guess I'm just a little bit sad that my own children will never get to see it... but at the same time I guess there were things that my parents would have seen that I never will either.  A memory to savour!
|
This entry was posted on Sunday, September 13, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: