Author: Greeny
•Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Yesterday was a very full and rewarding day! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started the morning with the first of the week three runs.  Did a bit of a warm up and then headed outdoors.

Week three consists of 90 seconds run, 90 seconds walk, 3 minutes run, 3 minutes walk and repeat x2 (supposedly).

After a niggling foot pain from Saturday, I opted to start out nice and slow, kicking back to granny shuffle pace. The first run was enough to get me warmed up and from there it was all ok.  I'd wondered if I was going to be able to run three minutes continuously and was surprised when I was easily able to achieve it, landing myself ahead of the usual landmarks at the end of the first lap.  3 minutes of walking feels like an absolute eternity.  I'd say that week three was actually easier than the first two weeks.

Cycled through 2.75 times to get my usual three laps of the local neighbourhood completed.  Pushed the pace for the last run as usual but didn't go as hard as I could so that I wouldn't do any worse to my foot.

3.45 km in 21 minutes and 59 seconds making the average speed 9.41km/hr

The second task for the day was to get the crack in my windscreen repaired. Image and video hosting by TinyPic O'Brien did their best to repair it but the bugger was too big so the whole windscreen got done.  One and a half hours later I had a pretty new windscreen.  Not only did they manage to reattached my mirror, govia tag and rego sticker nicely, they vacuumed out the driver and passenger seats and cleaned the dash and surrounds!  Top score to these guys! Image and video hosting by TinyPic  They were very friendly, efficient and informative.  My new windscreen also comes with a lifetime guarantee.

While I was working my way through trashy magazines in the waiting room, the "strawberry man" came and I bought two 1kg boxes of delicious strawberries.  Thought they would be good for Mum so went for a drive up to see her (and Dad as he also happened to be home!).

Although I hadn't quite intended it to be this way, I found myself engaged for quite a number of hours playing Spore.  What a thoroughly addictive game!  Not surprising for me given that I have also had quite an affinity for games such as SimCity 2000 , Sims 2 , the Petz series, Creatures and Theme Hospital.  So I am now master of the Zlorbs in Zlorbopia...  It would almost make it worth getting a new computer just to be able to play spore and revive my Sims again.

Headed home temporarily after this...  only to discover that the pain in my foot and also developed a bubble wrap or fluid kind of feeling.  Uhoh! Image and video hosting by TinyPic So, I'm booked in for a few rounds with a podiatrist at the Intraining Injury Clinic on Thursday.  It is an odd pain because I can only feel it when weight bearing and doing certain movements.  Producing the same actions in the air does not create pain, although the strange slippery bubble wrap feeling is there.  There is also no pain on palpation.  Ruling out plantar fasciitis for the time being. I just hope that they don't turn around and declare that I need to stop all training for a month.  I can't really afford to stop at this stage.  The grading could be in as little as two months.  Time off would be disastrous for my goals at this stage. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last night was a Fasta Pasta night with two mates from school.  Late high school was alright.  I didn't fit into the upper class ways of the school very well but I didn't suffer the same behaviours that the "uncool" experienced at my junior high school.  If there is one thing that I am thankful for it would be these friends and they would be amongst the very few that I could ever call true friends.  It doesn't seem to matter how much time goes by between visits, it is like we just pick up where we left off.  I love it and I miss the days when we were all in the same city. We're meeting up again on Wednesday night.

On a bit of a roll so might as well keep going...

Back to the strength component of my program this morning.  I was in a significantly better frame of mind and my performance was a lot stronger.  Still having all sorts of difficulties when it comes to the single legged squat.  I'll be impressed the day I can achieve that entirely off my own steam...better yet, complete a couple reps!  The rest was fine though.

Today, I need to clean up. Image and video hosting by TinyPic  After that, I'll head out and have my second attempt at endurance before a quick shower and off to my sister's place for dinner! Here's to getting through the whole lot this time!!!
|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: