Author: Greeny
•Sunday, September 20, 2009
What an awesome day!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Because I didn't work overly hard yesterday I figured I'd be right to run today.  So... go up early and away I went.  Kinda screwed up a bit.  Worked out that for every 5 minute run, walk was 2.5 minutes and for every 3 minute run, walk was 1.5mins.  Knew that I was meant to finish on a 5 minute run and knew that I had to do at least two 3 minute runs. But, thought I was starting on 5 minutes... why???  So got very confused when I worked out the total run time to be 29 minutes instead of 21 minutes, 30 seconds which would theoretically get me home exactly on the end of lap three.

Supposed to start on 3 minutes, alternate and finish on five minutes.  Oh well.  It was a challenge but managed to push myself quite hard and was proud of my efforts!  Going back to the proper way is going to seem comparatively easy.  Oh and so much yay Image and video hosting by TinyPicfor being able to run for five minutes consecutively!!

Tournament today! Thought I might have ended up coordinating a ring but not this time.  Had a really great day.  Ended up coming third in kata, despite having the shakes and a bit of an early kata wobble.  Thought I recoved well though.  First and second kick my ass though although second place getter was equally nervous just performing a kata that is far easier to work with when muscles are spasming like nuts.  Think I might have to re-evalute my tournament kata. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Highlight for the day would have to be taking out kumite though.  Got pulled for contact once, gave another a black eye Image and video hosting by TinyPic but also wore one hell of a front kick in the chest and got bopped squarely on the nose.  Kinda tender to touch at the moment is quite swollen internally.

Got to finish the afternoon reffing kata for the male instructor division (good to see that my thoughts were generally in line with the other two RMs) and a bit of a chat with Sensei A.

Yeah, great way to end the holidays!
|
This entry was posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On Sunday, September 20, 2009 at 5:47:00 PM GMT+10 , seiunchin_chick said...

Did you perform Kanku Dai? That would be a super tough tournament kata - well done! Are you more a shotokan girl? Have you considered one of the goju kata?

 
On Sunday, September 20, 2009 at 7:04:00 PM GMT+10 , Greeny said...

Yeah Kanku-dai. When I'm not feeling pitifully nervous then I love it and do it well. Seems to work with my body structure. Kurunfa is out of the question because of the standing one leg while kicking at an angle thing... I thought about Shisoshin. That was what Nidean did and placed second with. Good grounded kata but not sure competing directly is a good idea. But neither is taking on the sandan with Seisan. Really that only leaves kanku-sho or sochin. I like kanku-sho but is has an extremely dangerous bit it in it and sochin I can barely remember.... I suspect I'm going to have to compromise somewhere!