Author: Greeny
•Saturday, September 19, 2009
For my last week of holidays, I have been ridiculously busy.  So what's been happening?
  • Completed the full endurance circuit successfully and have learned that the 4 limb run is actually just another way of describing the bear crawl.
  • Enjoyed a roast dinner cooked by my sister's hubby and reaped the benefits of family time!
  • Cancelled my podiatrist appointment on account of my foot feeling 95% better on the morning of the appointment.
  • Spent the night over at a mate's place talking, watching movies and eating icecream Image and video hosting by TinyPic until stupid o'clock in the morning.
  • Devoted almost two days to writing an application just to get my name in the relief pool for Acting OIC.

Today was supposed to be W3D3.  Unfortunately, I got knocked out by D1AF. Apparently, my body didn't appreciate the poxy paracetamol that I threw it to keep the monsters at bay and somewhere in the 17th minute I couldn't continue due to the severity of cramping. So, I very slowly picked my way back home, stopping every couple of minutes to kiss my knees and attempt to exert mental control over the waves of nausea.  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Things haven't been this bad since high school. It's been an off week and my diet has been atrocious given all the social activity but I wasn't quite expecting to get nailed like this.  Any thought of doing the endurance circuit this afternoon has been banished.  Rest for the remainder of today and nothing tomorrow.  Reset and start again on Monday on version two of my fitness program, designed to accommodate work.

Despite not completing today's run, I know that my failure was not actually related to my fitness so I'll pick up from W4D1 rather than repeating.

Tomorrow is the tournament. *shakes head* Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why on Earth am I going in???  I think I pretty well got the point of my rubbishness when Sensei A proceed to say "I was expecting to see this WOW kata..."  and how he's seen me perform a whole lot better etc... To be honest, I literally got bored performing my own kata. My muscles just won't do what I want them to do because there are too busy spasming.  So I guess my only really hope is kumite.  I just wish I could just compete individually in some other event to kill the nerves first. I'm always fine the second time around.  *shrugs* Image and video hosting by TinyPic. Oh well....
|
This entry was posted on Saturday, September 19, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: