Author: Greeny
•Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Two entries in one day!? What is happening??!!! Nothing too exciting, just had share my achievement for the day.

I have officially acquired a new skill. Although at this stage my execution is not so skillful.

I got fed up with looking at the long grass and feeling like the street bogan so I taught myself how to use a lawn mower. For the large part, I managed to make the grass shorter and look much tidier. But this was not without my share of sweat, frustration, several stalls, lots of revving and a few choice words to mix it up. In the end, I was only really defeated by the stupid grass catcher which would not stay nicely attached to the machine no matter what I did with it. Unfortunately, I will have to consult him when he does get home as the instruction manual failed to shed any light on the reason for the failure.

Aside from the catcher, I found myself feeling quite liberated, despite not exactly approaching the job in the most economical way and occasionally forgetting all the requirements for starting the motor. Although, it is not something I wish to have to try and repeat in any great rush and not without a whipper snipper to conquer those edges.

I also dug out the little decorate rocks to clear the little wall hole and prevents termite infestation, used the secateurs to do the best makeshift hedge trim (bring on hedge shears), deposited ant sand into ant nest near wall hole and sprayed every bit of outdoors with Mortein Outdoor big killer stuff in an effort to control the rapidly breeding spider population until pest control.

Needless to say I'm feeling quite well accomplished and after a cold shower, am boycotting any further activity barring retrieval of the laundry and gis. :-)
|
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: